Letters From the Teefer

There use to be a time when apathy did not abound.

Name:
Location: United States

I am a mom and home educator of four children.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

She's 2



Well not yet. She'll be two on Wednesday. We celebrated while some cousins were in town and her daddy wasn't taking an exam. John has his final on Julia's actual birthday. We will manage something festive on her birthday too, but we are keeping the younger birthdays to just family.


This party consisted of natural hot dogs (how can a hot dog be natural???), chips, cake , and ice cream at home with a trip to the water playground and splash park at the YMCA in League City. The water playground is an impressive area. It is a little excessive as is most everything aimed at kids, but a good time was had by all.


Another of my cake creations... Behind Julia's cousin's head in the picture is a toy engine leading the zoo train I made. The cars are just mini loaves - all allergen friendly for Johnny - with the Little People zoo animals on them. Pretty cool. BTW - The Namaste brand spice cake mix is very yummy and allergen friendly to almost everyone I know. It worked great in the mini loaf pans too. Applesauce can be substituted for eggs the mix calls for if need be. Aside - I swear I am going to open a restaurant with natural allergen-free friendly foods one day in a giant yurt... if I can ever get these kids to grow up!!! lol

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Baby J!

I can't believe I've known you that long, Tiffane! We met right around the time she was born.

See you soon!

August 11, 2008 12:30 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Happy Birthday Julie Boo!!!

August 12, 2008 12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home