Letters From the Teefer

There use to be a time when apathy did not abound.

Name:
Location: United States

I am a mom and home educator of four children.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Today's Run

Workouts get boring, so I decided to change up the running routine with biking at the gym with the bikes that have the cool tvs on them or attend aerobics classes with a number of other people and follow a silly routine. While the change has been nice, I've been really edgy lately too. My mind had had it.

So I went running for the first time in a while today. I ran the first half mile lap and started wondering why I am doing 'this' again. When I got to lap four though I started to consider running more than the standard six laps. I was feeling alright and my mind was clearing up. I didn't have a toddler tugging at my shirt, a Johnny breaking anything, a Jessica voicing her concerns, or a dog eating the state of Kentucky from the USA puzzle. I didn't have to keep track of any wierd aerobics routine or listen to FOX or CNN mumble on about crap on my exercise bike. It was just me. So I kept running. I started thinking about so many things and had a clarity I hadn't experienced in a while and so I ran another lap. That lap was easy, so I ran another lap. Huh, I guess I need to pay a little attention b/c I'm around again! 10 laps - the first 6 b/c I had to out of my own requirements, but after the first 4, it was easy. I felt quite peaceful; the slight tightening in my forehead was gone; and I got to process matters in my mind. It was wonderful!

1 Comments:

Blogger earthmama said...

yesss....this is what running does for me....i'm happy for you. :)

August 21, 2008 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home