Letters From the Teefer

There use to be a time when apathy did not abound.

Name:
Location: United States

I am a mom and home educator of four children.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

When Cats are Better Than Dogs and also Gas Masks for Jogging? - Preparing for the Mosquito Truck

I love it when I see a cat while I am out running. Cat = No loose dog. Yes I encountered another large canine again tonight. Thankfully he was feeding on a banquet of trash which distracted him enough for me to quietly turn and jog the other way.

Loose dogs concern me. My right hamstring made a nice looking chop for the loving family mutt of a family 5 doors down a few years back. After that incident the dog later growled at me while the owner, which fortunately was outside with the dog this time, called out to me "Don't worry she doesn't bite!" - This was after I had talked to that same person about having gotten bitten by her dog. In another vicious attack one late night, I maced the dog. I informed the owner that I was going to have the dog picked up if I saw it out again and she was 'shocked'.

In another incident the mailman couldn't deliver mail due to another loose hostile 100 pounder pet. The mailman shadowed me with his mail truck so I wouldn't get mauled. I called animal control on that creature, because the beast was loose when kids were about to be walking home from school - and because it was the right thing to do.

I could keep going, but I am tired of writing about loose dogs. Note to all dog owners - Joggers look like prey to the loving furry family pooches. There are no gaurantees the dog isn't going to bite unless his teeth have been pulled. The family pooch often takes on the form of a fiendish attacking, teeth-barring, snarling beast when I run by.

Maybe on another posting I'll write about another jogger's nightmare - The Mosqito Truck!!! Oh heck I'll keep typing. ...The feeling one gets when they detect the high buzz of the Mosquito Truck in the distance while a mile from home is of pure chilling doom. There is nothing that can be done. The Mosqito Truck races through neighborhood streets at speeds faster than a UPS man. It is no use. I inhale deeply before it passes. The Truck zooms by, and I try desperately to my hold breath for another mile until finally succumbing to the urge to breathe.
The End.

1 Comments:

Blogger earthmama said...

oh yes, the mosquito truck...used to choke the air right out of my asthmatic children.

i'm so sorry about all the loose dogs, tiff. i'd take a cell and start calling on all of them...

August 28, 2008 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home