Letters From the Teefer

There use to be a time when apathy did not abound.

Name:
Location: United States

I am a mom and home educator of four children.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sleepy

I've been rather idle lately and quite hard on myself about it. 31 weeks pregnant with three kids - one being a two year old - is a decent reason to be exhausted, but UGGH! Well I finally got some bloodwork back and found out that I am severely anemic. Any lower of an iron count and I wouldn't be allowed to have a home birth. Okay, so there is also a physiological reason for this affliction of indolence. Apparently my large bowls of Cheerios in the morning coupled with at least half of the prenatal vitamins I'm supposed to take doesn't provide enough iron for this non-red-meat-eater.

Solution: I'm adding a can of spinach a day to the diet and making sure I get all the nasty vitamins down.

In the meantime, I'm going to go lay down while the kiddos shred the house. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, mama! I'm glad you know what the deal is and can take steps to improve it.

I was wicked exhausted w/ my 4th pg, too. No anemia, though, just a lot of babies in a short time period. ;-)

Hope you get more energy soon!

March 30, 2009 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home