Letters From the Teefer

There use to be a time when apathy did not abound.

Name:
Location: United States

I am a mom and home educator of four children.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Baby Countdown

Some quick updates... Baby James is due in five days (the first day my spouse returns to classes for summer school). I tend to run late though. Jessica was born on her due date; Johnny was two days late; Julia was seven days late. The trend is for each child to be born later and later. I hope not. Sleep is eluding me.

Diet this pregnancy has been quite an ordeal. Every day I take 1 prenatal vitamin 4 times a day with food and one fish oil tablet. I've been trying to ensure that the foods I eat are high and iron and then I need to eat vitamin C to absorb the iron. I've also got to get in a yogurt with acidopholis and cranberry juice each day to help to stave off the Strep B infection women get tested for during prenancy. And yes just a few days ago I came up NEGATIVE for Strep B! I had never tried a diet to stave off this infection before and in this test case, it has worked. No antibiotics for me this labor! In the meantime, I feel like a total pig cramming all these foods in me and then trying to eat something different.

3 Comments:

Blogger earthmama said...

i've been thinking about you tiffane! busy mama.... <3

May 28, 2009 9:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're doing a great job, Tiffane! Way to go on the diet/StrepB stuff.

I can't wait to see the little munchkin...although you're probably the most ready out of anyone!

Wishing you, James, and the family a safe and satisfying passage.

June 03, 2009 11:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, for the record, I DO realize you just might have delivered already...

June 03, 2009 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home