Letters From the Teefer

There use to be a time when apathy did not abound.

Name:
Location: United States

I am a mom and home educator of four children.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sweet Baby James



Baby James was born at home on June 2, 2009 at 11:04 p.m. weighing in at 9 pounds and 9 ounces and measuring 22 inches long! Woo hoo! That is a big one!

Unlike the time when we delivered Julia at 10 till 6 am and immediately fell asleep exhausted, we stayed up and celebrated a little while this time. I wasn't up all night laboring this time and so I was up for it. The night was still young and the rest of the kids were next door. So why not? John brought out some crystal wine glasses with grape juice. The midwife, her assistant, John, and myself had a toast and celebrated the new baby. Afterward the baby and I had a candle light herbal bath together. The midwife recommended that I lay the baby back until his ears were just under the water. So I gave it a try and it was amazing! The crying baby completely quieted and relaxed with his legs spread out floating on my left hand. It was an experience I am glad I didn't miss.



Look who is a big sister now!

The next morning the three older siblings filed into the bedroom quietly and walked around to the side of my bed to get a look at their new baby brother. They were so quiet, careful, and excited with large smiles on their faces. Little Julia finally broke the silence and asked, "Is that baby James?" I was glad to finally tell her yes. For little Julia the pregnancy must have felt like eternity. I know it did for me at times. Whew! Now we can start the path to a new normal. I won't have to be sidelined for dodgeball games much longer.

4 Comments:

Blogger earthmama said...

he's beautiful...

congratulations to you, mama!!

June 21, 2009 8:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooooh...I always loved the herbal bath afterwards.

Congratulations! James is a sweet baby!

June 25, 2009 9:57 AM  
Blogger Carie said...

What a beautiful new edition! Congratulations! And Praise the Lord for births that do not take all night!

June 26, 2009 10:34 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

He's a keeper!! Congrats!

July 09, 2009 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home