Letters From the Teefer

There use to be a time when apathy did not abound.

Name:
Location: United States

I am a mom and home educator of four children.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Living on the Edge

Mortgage payment goes out tomorrow and we are going to make it as usual but really cutting it close there... too close. Law school tuition kills me. If my husband didn't have the GI Bill he would get all of his tuition money up front via the Hazelwood Act, but thanks to his GI Bill 'benefit' that he earned Hazelwood won't pay out until the GI Bill does its part and we end up paying interest on a loan for tuition that is supposed to be covered.

Our other benefit... our FSA hasn't reimbursed me for the birth of my son. We are sending in paperwork again. Is this the third or fourth time? I don't know, but it would be nice to get my money back that I should have received a while ago. Because everything is all convoluted, I will send my midwifery receipts to my medical insurance instead of the FSA. The medical insurance will cover nothing of course (don't get me started on Obama's plan) and automatically kick my claim over to the FSA which should - if they are feeling nice at the moment - reimburse me.

Pardon my tone but I'm feeling trapped. My van doesn't run well these days and I've been trapped at home with 4 kids with very little cash. It is exam week for the husband too. Really, what husband? My feeling is similar to having jeans on that are way too tight while I'm bloated; they stick even more cause they're wet; I can't get them off; and I'm having trouble breathing.

3 Comments:

Blogger earthmama said...

oh tiffane, i'm crying reading this...i totally understand what you're talking about, mama. lots of hugs and positive thoughts...but hey, at least you can drink now, right?

August 05, 2009 10:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry things are so tough, Tiffane. I'll be thinking about you.

Lana

August 07, 2009 12:30 AM  
Blogger Tiffane said...

Things aren't REALLY tough. I posted here because I know the mamas that check this blog sometimes get to take a joy ride on the same boat - the one with a hole in it.

The funny thing is my husband spent $25 on a tripod for my telescope (BTW - Jupiter and its moons looked beautiful the other night) not knowing how close we were cutting it. My jaw landed on the floor when I saw the unexpected purchase. Thank goodness he didn't need gas in his car! lol We made the mortgage payment yesterday and we got paid today. Whew!

August 07, 2009 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home